Garage

Sunday 22 September 2013

MIG Welder for the Workshop.... Finally!

I have had a MIG welder on my wish list for a long time. I can't justify buying one new since I am unsure how often I will use one. As anyone also following my blog knows, I really am not a fan of Chinese tools so that was a nail in the coffin as well.

I sold a dividing head and a rotary table a few weeks ago to a nice gent who mentioned he had some tools and equipment he was looking to get rid of. He mentioned some diamond cup wheels which would be perfect for my Thörns T2 tool and cutter grinder.

I stopped into his place today and walked away with this haul here:


I ended up with a heap of sandpaper, stainless grinding disks, 2 small 3 phase motors, 2 diamond grinding cups, a grinding wheel and a MIG welder. I bought more than I really needed but I couldn't pass up a Swedish made MIG welder:


It even came with the instruction books. I didn't buy the gas bottle since I will use gassless MIG welding wire. The diamond cup are really what I wanted and they will be ready to go when I have the grinder up and running:


So I'm a happy camper today. It's been a productive weekend!

Stay safe.

6 comments:

  1. I have had a MIG welder on my wish list for a long time. I can't justify buying one new since I am unsure how often I will use one. As anyone also ... weldermig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thanks for the great details, i have bookmarked your blog for the future updates about welding stuff.

    We are leading stainless steel wires manufacturers engaged in MIG Wire, TIG Wire, Stainless Steel Welding, MIG Welding, TIG Welding

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this article, i really appreciate your in-dept research.plasmacutterarena

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are several types of these welding lens covers in the market. Among them are the auto darkening welding lens covers. Weblink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great information on blog. keep posting.
    we sell single phase welding machine.

    ReplyDelete